Diablo 3 is highly anticipated game by PvP battle fans. PvP (Players vs. Player) is one of the biggest success stories of MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games) titles in the recent years and the trend is likely to continue with Diablo 3.
The Popularity of Diablo 3 PvP
The PvP battles are one of the most eagerly awaited features of Diablo 3. And the reason behind the same is not too hard to gauge. Simply put, such player on player battles offer everyone involved with the game a fantastic gaming experience. There is nothing more exciting than going head-on against another human player and Diablo 3 aims to capitalize on this factor.
When battling against fellow human players, a greater degree of skill will be called into play. You are also likely to face a greater number of challenges as there will be many players who have their own brand of unique powers and skills. Also required will be a fair degree of strategic thinking on your part for defeating the different classes that your opposing players would be commanding.
Beginning with Diablo 3’s PvP
Getting started with Diablo 3’s PvP feature is rather simple even for first-timers. As a player, you can directly go onto participate in such battles using the character or class that you used in the single and cooperative modes. This will also allow you to carry over the skills and gear that are possessed by your current character.
You have the option of either joining into a ranked game or even play along players who belong to the same level. Also, you can enter an unranked game but do so only if you are open to the possibility of getting lynched rather early. You are rewarded with points for all your achievements in the PvP mode. These achievements are spread out over the number of kills you have made, objectives you have successfully accomplished and of course, the number of wins.
What to Know Before Joining PvP Games
While joining into Diablo 3 PvP battles is one of the best ways to enjoy the game, to be successful at it you ought to know the various classes inside out. Learning about them in the single player mode alone will not be enough for you to be successful at the PvP level.
The following is a short description of each class within the game of Diablo 3:
- Barbarian: This is the only class to be carried over from Diablo 2. This character mainly relies on brute strength to cause massive damage all around. But in a departure from the previous game where the character’s driving fuel was mana, here the main resource is absolute fury.
- Demon Hunter: A class that specializes in ranged fighting; the Demon Hunter is derived from the Assassin and Amazon classes of Diablo 2. This class is characterized by its twin crossbows and its skills consume and generate hatred and discipline.
- Monk: A class known for its melee attacks; the Monk uses martial arts to destroy enemy forces. And in what seems like a combination of Paladin and Assassin, the Monk relies heavily on accurate and fast strikes. A Monk’s driving force is spirit, which regenerates over time and by using abilities.
- Witch Doctor: Similar to the class of Necromancer from Diablo 2, the Witch Doctor has summoning powers over monsters and can cast curse spells. Their resource is in the form of slowly-generating mana.
- Wizard: Adapted from the character of the Sorceress in Diablo 2, the Wizard has immense mastery over the elements. Fire, ice and lightening are its main weapons while its source of power lies in Arcane Power, which regenerates rather fast.
This information will give you a head start in your efforts to become a worthy PvP player and of course help you enjoy the game as well. From the provided links you should be able to learn more about each class, get insight into their abilities, mechanics, skill builds and similar which should give you an edge over other players once access to PvP arenas in Diablo 3 is restored.